Highcross are hiring!
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced CNC Programmer/Operator to join our busy and friendly engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years engineering experience and have knowledge of Mazak controls. As a CNC Miller you will be producing components directly from technical drawings without supervision.
Skills and qualities required:
- CNC Programming/Setting/Operating experience
- Knowledge of Mazak controls desirable
- Ability to program direct from drawings
- Possess a good working knowledge of CAD/CAM programming
- Good understanding of engineering and machining principles
- Multi-Skilled on other machines advantageous
- Work using own initiative
Your duties as a CNC Miller would be:
- Producing components to customer specifications
- Working with 3 & 4 axis machines
- Able to program using Mazak Controls
- Reading and working directly from Technical Drawings
- Inspecting produced work
- Maintaining deadlines and schedules
- Working with minimum supervision
- Following both written and verbal instruction
- Maintaining a safe and tidy work area, as well as adhering to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Assisting other staff when needed